FUNDRAISING-WHAT’S ON THE HORIZON
Following the success of our Goodwill Donation Day & Carnival, The Vestry’s Stewardship Commission is planning an enchanting evening gala – Night in Naples.
GALA DINNER & SILENT AUCTION
Please join us for a fabulous Gala Dinner & Silent Auction on Saturday, October 1st – a benefit in support of St. Thomas and its programs.
Plan on a wonderful evening of fine dining and entertainment by baritones Krassen Karagiozov and Kiril Havezov.
The social hour begins at 6:00 PM, followed by a sit-down dinner at 7:00 PM.
The gala menu choices are chicken piccata, seafood lasagna (made with crab, shrimp, and scallops), or pasta primavera.
Get your tickets early – on sale now for $35 ($20 for children) in Cowans Hall following both morning services; on the day of the event – $50.
Please specify your main course selection (chicken piccata, seafood lasagna or pasta primavera) at the time you purchase your tickets.
For more information or to request tickets prior to the event, Contact Us.
LIST OF ITEMS TO BE AUCTIONED[su_list icon=”icon: star”]
- 6-night stay in a 1-bedroom premium villa at the Westin Desert Willow Villas in Palm Desert, California, December 4-10, 2016 (max. occupancy 4 guests): Minimum bid will be $500 ($1,720 market value).
- Sonoma County adventure, courtesy of Rich & Betsy R.: Take a ride in a Model T through the Valley of the Moon, go wine and chocolate tasting, and enjoy lunch or dinner at the restaurant of your choice (for 2 people). The minimum bid will be $150.
- Dinner for 8, hosted by Keri and Steve W. at their home
- Greek dinner for 8, hosted by Carla and Cal C. at their home
- Gourmet Chinese dinner for 6 with wine pairings, hosted by Ann K. and Victor C. at their home
- Traditional Chinese banquet with wine pairings, for 8 people, hosted by Claribel and Pat D. at a local Chinese restaurant
- 8+8+8: A French wine (8 varietals) and cheese (8 French artisanal) tasting evening for 8 people hosted by Randi and Chris S. at their home – minimum bid $25 per person
- Game night for 8, with pizza, snacks, desserts, and crowd-pleasing beverages, hosted by Kristen N. in Cowans Hall
- Home Brewery Experience (2 sessions) with Bob K. – includes brewery kit, brewer to come out to your location, show you how to use equipment, brew 5 gallons of beer and bottle it
- Gift of 1 bottle of wine, 4 wine glasses, and 4-$20 Country Gourmet gift certificates
- Thanksgiving pies, delivered to your door the day before Thanksgiving or other convenient time. Limit of 10 pies in this auction with a minimum bid of $15 per pie
- Christmas gingerbread cake, in the shape of a house, delivered to your door on Christmas Eve or another convenient date (see Kristen N.)
- 50-inch TV Visio E-Series Class Full-Array LED Smart TV, model E50-C1: brand new, unopened in box (retails new on Amazon for $464-$511)
- Handcrafted jewelry by Mélisande Designs
- Handmade wall hanging, by textile artist Peg P.
- Handmade quilt, by Peg P., 55 in. by 70 in.
- Mystery wine basket: 4 bottles, $25 minimum value each
- Origami bundle: large plastic Halloween bowl containing Bible origami kit, Halloween origami book, pack of colored origami paper, and carrying box for the paper (total value of $35)
- Coach purse, beige, shoulder strap (minimum bid $25)
- Chico’s lightweight jacket, size 3 (Chico’s size 3 = 14/16 L/XL)
- Kohls gift card, $40
- Barnes & Noble gift card, $25
- See’s candy, 2 lb. box
- Glassybaby candle
- Historical document: Large, professionally framed 17th-century legal document beautifully
- SF Giants bobblehead: Duane Kuiper, 1977: in excellent condition
- 3D wooden dragon
- Swarovski crystal bud vase with crystal flower
- Crystal trays
- and more items soon to be announced!
More details will follow about absentee bidding. No one will miss an opportunity to bid on the fabulous selection of items available.
Mark your calendars and see you here!
Slide show image inspired by vintage 1920s Italian postcard and ornamentation.