First published in the March 2014 Beyond a Doubt newsletter:
The first meeting of the Search Committee took place Monday, February 24, 2014. The Vestry’s charge to the committee, their task, is as follows:
The Vestry hereby charges the Search Committee to conduct a search for a new rector subject to the following parameters.
The Committee shall:
- Prepare a parish profile, which it will submit to the vestry for review
- Prepare a job description proposal, which it will submit to the vestry for approval
- Direct the diocesan office to advertise the position nationally
- Receive a compensation package from the vestry
- Review candidate applications, conduct interviews, and
- Submit to the vestry an unranked short list of 2 – 3 candidates
The committee is also directed to include the following criteria:
- The job description should include a preference, but not requirement, for bilingual candidates
- The committee should examine the disparity between the demographics of the wider Silicon Valley community and the present demographics of St. Thomas.
This charge must be fulfilled by 28th February 2015.