GET READY TO RUMMAGE!
The St. Thomas rummage sale is fast approaching. Gather up those quality and gently-used items you no longer need, donate them to the church and give a big boost to our budget deficit reduction efforts.
EVENT DATES, TIMES & LOCATION
Saturday, July 28, 2018 from 9 AM – 2 PM in Cowans Hall
NEWS FLASH: It’s being extended for one more day in case you missed out!
Sunday, July 29, 2018 from 9 AM – 1 PM in Cowans Hall
Want to know where to go? – see Directions & Campus Map.
GETTING YOUR RUMMAGE ITEMS TO THE CHURCH
If you are planning to donate items for the sale or Goodwill drive the following Saturday, please make sure to get them to church by July 26 at the latest so that they can be sorted and tagged. If you have questions about whether something you would like to donate is suitable for either the rummage sale or the Goodwill drive, please contact Kristen Ng or Fran Hostettler. All items are greatly appreciated and welcomed!
If you need help getting your items to church for the sale, Contact Us as soon as possible so that we can coordinate transportation as well as storage.
CAN YOU HELP?
In addition to donations, we need volunteers to help on the following dates/times:
1. Saturday, June 30, 9 am: Part 1 of the Goodwill drive—Goodwill is kindly accepting our donations early since we have so little storage space. We need to drive donations from St. Thomas to the Goodwill HQ in downtown San Jose. Please let Kristen Ng know if you have can drive to Goodwill that morning. We estimate needing 60-90 minutes for the entire process.
2. Wednesday, July 25, 6 pm: Everything for the rummage sale needs to be moved from the Education Building into Cowans Hall. Dinner will be provided!
3. Thursday & Friday, July 26 & 27 10am-8pm: Help is needed for set-up in Cowans Hall for any amount of time you can give between 10am and 8pm these days.
4. Saturday & Sunday, July 28-29: Rummage Sale, 9-1
5. Saturday, August 4: Goodwill drive, 9-2. NOTE: Goods collection ends at 1PM, but help is needed until 2PM to finish loading the truck.
SIGN-UP SHEETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE on the table at the back of the church. If you know you can help, and what days and hours you are available, it would be very useful to the Rummage planners to know that. Please sign up! This will make them aware of any gaps in coverage.
We realize that asking for help for these endeavors may seem like a huge time commitment. Please know that ANY amount of time you can give is deeply appreciated. We couldn’t repeat these fundraisers without the parish-wide support they are given. Thank you from your fundraising committee!
If you don’t have access to our parish directory AND have questions about the event OR would like to volunteer to help, please Contact Us and we’ll point you in the right direction!
NOTE: GOODWILL DRIVE TO FOLLOW RUMMAGE SALE
The Goodwill drive will take place on Saturday, August 4, from 9 am – 1 pm.
Goodwill will be taking almost everything left over from the rummage sale in addition to e-waste (old electronics, TVs, etc.).
Please let Kristen N. or Fran H. or follow the link to Contact Us for help with the following:
[su_list icon=”icon: star”]
- Help us spread the word & gather items
- The more we gather, the more we can support our mission
- We need volunteers to help with the donation drive & carnival
- Do you have a special carnival type skill or game idea?
These are the two major fundraisers for the year. Thank you for your support!
From all of us on the Vestry Fundraising Committee -Fran H., Bora J., Ann K., and Arcadio M., and Kristen N.